NF - 9/11 10th Anniversary...

ccmtcanada

I was working on the 53rd floor of Scotia Plaza at the time. I was a little late for work; my dad passed away on the 6th, and I was still numb from it all. I remember walking out from the subway and passing a tv in a food court in the underground that showed a building on fire, and hustled upstairs to my office.

It wasn't long before we all called it a day and bolted....

Edited by backbay

At my place of work

On a computer terminal orchestrating international freight thru Air Canada Pearson

My direct report called me and said---"do you have any idea what just happened?'

said no-What's Up

he said ---shut it down for the day Paul-dial in CNN

called my wife @ her work place---she was in tears

what a horrific day

Peace

Have a good weekend All

Paul

Believe

is the tune we have on Now

Trans Siberian Orchestra-NYC Edition Band

Night Castle Disc 2

I remember that day to a tee, correct me if I am wrong. It was a thursday, early in the morning. I was starting all over again, my oldest was 2 1/2 weeks old then as well. I was preping for my 2nd day of class of my aprenticeship. I had the tv on, on low. Samantha was beside me in her seat. I was studying and my now ex was sleeping as usuallmad.gif

I looked up and saw the footage on chch, holy cow, I was almost in tears. Then came the second crash. No need to disclose how I feel, but what the inocent folks dealt with that day. I cannot put into words. I show my girls a few vids from you tube once in a while. Yes, they were in tears alright, particularily for all that suffered that day.

So to all that lost a friend, a family member, a coworker, my sincere condolences to you all. It just seems like it happened yesterdaysad.gif

I was driving my usual trip for work on my way home at mile maker 118 in Ohio when the BOB&TOM show came back from break they were not there usual funny laughing show Bob started to talk about the first plane hitting the building. I would drive with 3 other guys they had not heard it yet so I told them what was going on then we listened to AM radio to get more details.

We all decided that we would full flat out for the boarder before it was shut down or plains ran into it. what a crazy feeling came over me when we headed through Toledo and again up in Michagian when we were around the air ports and there were no planes in the sky.

We made it to the bridge in Detroit just as they were closing it I was one of the last trucks to cross before they closed it.

It was a crazy day on the hi-way as there was little traffic out there. All I could think about way my wife and daughter who was just 1 1/2 years old then. The best part is they had no clue as Elmo was on our T.V. so the wife was not worried about us getting stuck in the USA or worse on the bridge.

I just finished watching some video on you tube my son cam in and had alot more questions it sure is hard to tell him what happened with out messing his head up. I hope I did a good job but he still does not understand why fire men and police were running into the building when they were going to fall down.

RIP to all that lost there lives 10 years ago and Thank you to all who have given there lives to save others.