bobcaygeon fishing

northernpike56

Hey everyone! I am going up to bobcaygeon this weekend (fri night to mon morning) with my father and my grandparents and I was wondering if anyone knows what type of fish live in bobcaygeon and where to catch them? I have been there before and hooked into some nice panfish and bass. I don't have a boat so I'll be shore fishing there again as usaual. I have heard fishing the dam in bobcaygeon can be good (but I dont know for what species nor what lures to use). I usaully fish out front of the hotel we stay in on a waterway connecting pigeon and sturgeon lake and have got lot of panfish and some little smallmouth on mepps spinners and jigs. If anyone could give me an idea of what fish are in there as well as some fishing spots and/or lures to use, that would be great and hopefully I can put up a report when I get back!!

Thanks is advance

- Matt

I fish the damn in Bobcaygeon very often. The hip song is always playing in my head; the town is enchanted. You can catch some great eyes off the damn in town. Unfortunately, fishing is always very slow when they close off the damn. Normally, they open it up and lots of water flows through, bringing in lots of fish. Lately, they have closed the damn, which has caused a huge drop in water level. The fishing has been very hit or miss, but in the fall, river fishing for walleye tends to spike as baitfish migrate into rivers. I'd recommend starting at Boycaygeon, but be prepared to spread out to other lakes/towns where water levels/fishing may be more at prime. I'd check out the dam at Buckhorn, as well as as far as Hastings, where I hear fishing has been good. Lindsay is worth checking out as well.

check out the constellations in Bobcaygeon. Then again, it could just be the Willie Nelson.

Cheers and good luck

I fish the damn in Bobcaygeon very often. The hip song is always playing in my head; the town is enchanted. You can catch some great eyes off the damn in town. Unfortunately, fishing is always very slow when they close off the damn. Normally, they open it up and lots of water flows through, bringing in lots of fish. Lately, they have closed the damn, which has caused a huge drop in water level. The fishing has been very hit or miss, but in the fall, river fishing for walleye tends to spike as baitfish migrate into rivers. I'd recommend starting at Boycaygeon, but be prepared to spread out to other lakes/towns where water levels/fishing may be more at prime. I'd check out the dam at Buckhorn, as well as as far as Hastings, where I hear fishing has been good. Lindsay is worth checking out as well.

check out the constellations in Bobcaygeon. Then again, it could just be the Willie Nelson.

Cheers and good luck

do you just use jigs tipped with worms and minnows and leeches? or would crankbaits and spinners work too?