West Lake Bloomfield

Gord

I've fished the shallow weedy section between Sandbanks and the Trillium kids camp....nice weedy lake....lots of classic largemouth territory, and drifting weedbeds for pike always worked with white spinnerbaits. Would see people fishing it for walleye, but I never had much luck with them...then again I never left the shallow stuff

its been a few years since I've been there but I always found it to be pretty good. Like jb said, lots of weeds. I used to troll outside the (visible)weeds in the area of the sand dunes and caught all different species there (pike, bass, pickerel). Used to be a favorite destination of mine 20 years ago. I recall as a young punk heading out there at midnight, fishing for a few hours then passing out on the dunes til sunrise, fishing a bit, then hitting the Wooler Rd restaurant for the Hungry Man special (3 of everything)

Was there last weekend. It's a very turbid, shallow lake with lots of weeds like others said. It's a productive lake with lots of water to cover.

Thanks guys for the report, Joey did you catch fish last wkend and what bait is productive on that lake. Is the whole lake weeds or do you have some deeper weedless areas. Thanks again for the info.

As soon you hit about 14-15 FOW the weeds begin to thin out since the water is so off-coloured. There's some pretty distinct weedlines around those depths. Slow trolls those areas with bright cranks and spinners and you'll get walleye. Plenty of largemouth in the thicker stuff.