London, Ontario - What's the "Go to" Tackle Shop?

adempsey

Well, I recently relocated to London, Ontario from Toronto and need some suggestions on where to go for some decent tackle. Looking to pick up a Shimano Compre or St.Croix Premiere rod and just not sure if there are any stores that carry these products at a fair price.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Angling outfitters 519-539-5494 has the best prices around. they are about 30mins out of town this side of woodstock. Talk to jocelyn or al they can work a deal out for you. They have mostly shimano and quantum rods.

Lambeth rod and tackle 519-652-5598 is a smaller shop just 5mins south of town. Steve will also take care of you. You can get st croix there.

Edited by scugog

These guys have already listed the stores....

Angling outfitters definately has the most product in the store. Lambeth Rod and Tackle deals exclusively with St. Croix rods, and Angling Sports has a good mix of everything.

Either way, I'm not sure you could go wrong with any of these 3 stores, all local guys always willing to help.

first of all, my condolences on the move to london lol

secondly, theres not much to add! angling outfitters is where its at for shimano products, the service is excellent and the prices are good too...ive heard good things about lambeth, but havent been out there much

id take the 30 minute trip to woodstock to angling outfitters, you wont be disappointed!

first of all, my condolences on the move to london lol

secondly, theres not much to add! angling outfitters is where its at for shimano products, the service is excellent and the prices are good too...ive heard good things about lambeth, but havent been out there much

id take the 30 minute trip to woodstock to angling outfitters, you wont be disappointed!

Can't say enough about Lambeth Rod and Tackle. Good place.

I would definitely check out Angler Outfitters even though 5 of the help working that last time I was in there didn't know what a "Michigan Grip" was they did actually have 2 different high quality brands of 10'6" rods that were exactly what I was looking for... Best pricing on them too including all the major U.S. sites that ship to Canada...

Only downside was when my dad finally used it yesterday in Bayfield no chrome wanted to be the one to break it in.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Was very helpful.

I checked out both Lambeth Rod & Tackle and Angling Sports today. I ended up picking up a St.Croix rod from Lambeth R&T. Angling Sports had some Shimano and St.Croix rods on sale too...almost bought another, but had to resist!! I imagine I'll be a regular at both these places soon enough.

I'll also have to make a trip out to Angling Outfitters when I get the chance.

Thanks again,

Cheers.

Edited by FishLogic