Balsam Lake. . its been a while

fish-miester

Hey guys and gals long time no talk, I got a new job and a new apartment so i havnt had much time to come on here let alone go fishing, but a buddy and myself are going to hit balsam lake in the next week or so and was just wondering if any one could give me some pointers either areas to try or depths etc.

I am targeting bass but at the end of the day i wouldnt mind a walleye or two. so any information would be greatly appreciated!

thanks again !

A fellow angler,

- Alex

I've always found Balsam to be a hit or miss lake when I target musky. I'll go 3 trips and get 2 fish each time, then I'll go 3 trips getting skunked. I'll tell you one thing, there are some big pickerel in there and they like big musky baits. I get a 5+ pound pickerel almost every time I go there (at least it feels that way). Dang things won't leave me alone. Was there last week for an evening and morning bite. Evening produced a big pickerel on a hellhound glider bait(maybe I'll post the picture later if I get it off the camera) and a 20 inch largemouth, the next morning was 2 muskies (42, dink). Good luck let us know how you do, Some great drop-offs from sand/weed to deep water

Edited by Rizzo