Destination wedding advice

kenzy31

After much deliberation, my fiancé and I have dcided to go for a destination wedding in February 2013. Seems a little far away but we're beginning the planning stages now. What I'm looking for from the community is input, positive and negative, as to where to go / stay away from, what amenities to consider, and any firsthand stories. There will be a few kids coming (my daughter and her 2 nephews), so kid friendly is a must. We're not drinkers so the party seen isn't important, but a deep sea charter is a MUST!! I want to do something memorable for my groomsmen and catching giant, exotic fish is top of the list!! Thanks for your help and advice,

Jesse & Jen :)

After much deliberation, my fiancé and I have dcided to go for a destination wedding in February 2013. Seems a little far away but we're beginning the planning stages now. What I'm looking for from the community is input, positive and negative, as to where to go / stay away from, what amenities to consider, and any firsthand stories. There will be a few kids coming (my daughter and her 2 nephews), so kid friendly is a must. We're not drinkers so the party seen isn't important, but a deep sea charter is a MUST!! I want to do something memorable for my groomsmen and catching giant, exotic fish is top of the list!! Thanks for your help and advice,

Jesse & Jen :)

My buddy did this and a great time was had

Turks and Caicos

Jesee, I did the same thing in '05. I have ZERO regrets.

The only thing I would do different is to actually get married here, at City hall and do a mock ceremony there. We went the the RIU in the Mayan and loved it.

Hi: I got married in the dominican at Dreams Palm Beach and it was nothing short of amazing. Totally worth time and money (7K) spent. Staff was amazing, as well as food and most importantly the wedding crew. We had to spend only 1 hour on the day after we arrived to set the details and then wait to be married. This is a kid friendly resort with many adult ammenities. Congrats and good luck. Make sure you do your research to make sure when you come home that what you did was valid.

Had friends get Married at Barcelo Playa Tambor in Costa Rica. Stunning is the word. It is far enough out of the way as to be not too busy. There is a golf course on site, as well as a nature walk, had crocs in the river (fenced off) and monkeys in the trees. Scarlet McCaws were flying around like Seagulls do here. The activities and excursions were great. Volcano tour, Zip lines (awesome) ATVing.... Deep sea fishing was pretty sweet. We caught some sailfish, I caught a huge ass Rooster fish. The giant mantas were amazing, seeing a huge ray break the surface, I will never forget that. Also, when we were out on the ocean, the water was flat...we ended up in a giant pod of dolphins 500+.

FYI, I still haven't forgiven Erika for the timing of the wedding. 3rd period, 10 mins to go in the Gold Medal Hockey Game.:wallbash: