cooking salmon

HTHM

Gonna try cooking this today, thanks to Symon and Vince giving me their salmon that we caught yesterday. :thumbsup_anim:

Ingredients

1/4 cup maple syrup

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1 clove garlic, minced

1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 pound salmon

Directions

1.In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.

2.Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.

3.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

4.Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.

I have done many many ways, of cooking fish from Lake O. None,and I mean none,tasted worth consuming.

I can cook them up from GBAY,no prob,taste awesome.

Explain this?

GTA vs Greater Penetangeshine Area????

GTA vs Greater Penetangeshine Area????

Yes.Georgian Bay fish.

I can make a honey mustard/pepper paste for both and can tell the dif. This is why I have gone back to sea fish. Never fails.

Im not bashing those that eat from lake O,just saying my piece.

Edited by Misfish

I have done many many ways, of cooking fish from Lake O. None,and I mean none,tasted worth consuming.

I can cook them up from GBAY,no prob,taste awesome.

Explain this?

Selective harvest works for me Brian. Salmon 12 lbs & under and are better smoked ( my personal preference ). Bows less than 10 lbs are great baked simple with lemon, dill and butter. All of our harvested fish are put on ice immediately and cleaned/gutted on board within 15/20 minutes and put back in the ice box. Dressed at home same day and anything not on the menu within 24 hours is flash frozen and vacuum sealed. Bigger/mature fish is equivalent to eating a 10 yr old chicken. Not nice.

Just my thoughts/preferences.

Cheers,

Simon

Maybe it,s that, Im use to east coast taste Simon. A pouched cod with nothing but sea salt.:dunno:

Enjoy Albert.To each thier own. :canadian:

I don't think any Ontario fish could hold up to your home waters. I'll have to ask my aunt to cook me up some of that pouched cod. Sound pretty yummy.

I don't think any Ontario fish could hold up to your home waters. I'll have to ask my aunt to cook me up some of that pouched cod. Sound pretty yummy.

Dont say I didnt warn ya. :canadian:

Just so all dont get me wrong. If it,s for you,by all means ,enjoy. :canadian:

Edited by Misfish