Kenogami Lake

Black_Blade

Working out of town, in Kirkland currently, and packed the canoe on the work van this time. Monday night we headed out of town looking for water and my helper spotted a lake along 66, Vigrass Lake, it was nice and quiet so we gave it a shot. Seen lots of schools of minnows and small perch. I snagged a hammer handle pike but that was extent of the action.

Tuesday night, at the recommend of my friend, Nipfisher, we went out on Kenogami. I am still on my quest to land a walleye, but alas not that night, but did manage a nice smallie that hammered my worm harness. Made for a nice little shore snack (first of the season...ya I know...sad but true). We came back to the Bay Wed, but its fair sized job in KL so will be back again come Monday. We plan on heading out of Kenogami again and maybe work up the Blanche (the building super where we are working, lives along it and gave us permission to put in)

Kenogami Smallie2.jpg

I think so, that first point on left hand side as you head into lake from the river...Darn motor decided it didn't like trolling down to real slow, so made it tough and wasn't much of a wind either...

My partner insisted to be in the shallow water around 8 to 12 feet but I marked activity out where bottom flattened out at 18'. Got the smallie when we moved up along the right hand side shore from there... Then tried that point on the right hand side as well. Then headed across to where that lake house is built on that island, half over the water. Around that area was where we climbed ashore on some rocks and set up the barby. took pic from where we set up...makes a nice desktop :thumbsup_anim:

shore.jpg

Then headed across to where that lake house is built on that island, half over the water. Around that area was where we climbed ashore on some rocks and set up the barby. took pic from where we set up...makes a nice desktop thumbsup_anim.gif

Cool that is my brother's cottage on the island.

I spent many many hours on both Vigrass lake and less so on Kenogami and the Blanche.

On Vigrass there are lots of pike to about 3 lbs (or used to be). We used to catch them fast trolling over the tops of the cabbage weeds right in the middle of the lake using williams woblers or luck strikes. Really buzzing along. The odd one near the lily pads near shore on the far side but only early or late in the day. The shallow side is a waste of time. I think the lake is heavily fished in winter now though so things may have changed.

Kenogami has some good pike in it too, but with all the cottages it gets more fishing pressure. I have never done that well on the Blanche in summer. Spring is OK, but I think once the water heats up anything of any size moves into Kenogami.