Looking for a cheap motel

jjcanoe

Thanks Fliptheslop, Not looking for high class places just some kinda dump thats mostly clean(where you don't have to plug the shower drain to keep the roaches out) with a cheap breakfast in the morning, and maybe a little bar nearby!

Thanks for the info

jjcanoe

The one by Silver lake (can't remember the name) is right on 7 and has a restaurant, stopped for breakfast a couple years ago. Asked about over night rates and seemed reasonable at the time, small cabins in the back with ample parking for boat trailers. Hope this helps...

You have two choices in Perth that are both clean. Also if you are a chicken wing fan than you should stay in Perth and head down to the old mill for dinner. The Hot Wings at Fiddleheads are really DANG good. Also try the onion rings with dill dip.

Make sure to pay to park as they are on top of that in Perth and will ding you for $14 while you eat dinner. I would suggest the motel at the western tip of Perth on the North Side. Lots of breaky in town or Tims across the road.

The one by Silver lake (can't remember the name) is right on 7 and has a restaurant, stopped for breakfast a couple years ago. Asked about over night rates and seemed reasonable at the time, small cabins in the back with ample parking for boat trailers. Hope this helps...

I think I ate lunch at this place last summer if it's the one just across the hwy from the lake. One of the places I'm looking at is on the west end of Silver lake.

Thanks

jjcanoe

Gas station store etc right across from the Silver Lake PPark entrance. Motel/cottage place is next door just West of the gas station. Not sure if they'd be open this time of year... and can't think of the name so you could call them.......even though I go by there 1/2 a dozen times a year..for the last 45 years. The "motel" across from the sharbot Lake PPark hasn't looked open for the last dozen years.

In sharbot aout 5-8 mins south of HWY 7. is a place. I thinks its called annes? Its right on the water its on the east side of 38. When you turn south off hwy 7 just follow that road. You will go past the school, past a bait shop, past a retirement home. and then it will be right there on your left. A big white place, GREAT breakfast. Just realized what your doing in that area... didn't read your whole post. My cottage is on BOB's lake just south of sharbot. It is part of a lake system that is 36 miles end 2 end. Crow lake is a great deep cold lake for trout, bob's is known for walleye, pike, bass, and then there is green bay which has HUGE pike, bucks bay with bass,pike and walleye. Iam on Bucks bay,..... I know on my system for fact that there are quite a few places for sale. Alot of americans are selling... My lake system feeds the rideau and is about 15-20 minutes south of sharbot thru alot of dirt roads. I kind send you some more info if you want. But if you are looking in that area (north frontenac) I would be happy to help. I have been there 20+ years.

Edited by bookoobeast

Hello all;

I travel that section of highway maybe 30 times a year, I've never stopped to smell the coffee, there are only a couple of strip motels open now, that stretch of the highway (between Perth & Madoc) has seen better days economically. There are other abandoned motels along the route, and burned out buildings.

The gas station at Silver lake is closed, it used to be a pioneer and was open 24 hrs and had the cheapest gas in eastern Ontario, they sold to someone else,raised prices, the hours were cut, then it closed for good.

In sharbot aout 5-8 mins south of HWY 7. is a place. I thinks its called annes? Its right on the water its on the east side of 38. When you turn south off hwy 7 just follow that road. You will go past the school, past a bait shop, past a retirement home. and then it will be right there on your left. A big white place, GREAT breakfast. Just realized what your doing in that area... didn't read your whole post. My cottage is on BOB's lake just south of sharbot. It is part of a lake system that is 36 miles end 2 end. Crow lake is a great deep cold lake for trout, bob's is known for walleye, pike, bass, and then there is green bay which has HUGE pike, bucks bay with bass,pike and walleye. Iam on Bucks bay,..... I know on my system for fact that there are quite a few places for sale. Alot of americans are selling... My lake system feeds the rideau and is about 15-20 minutes south of sharbot thru alot of dirt roads. I kind send you some more info if you want. But if you are looking in that area (north frontenac) I would be happy to help. I have been there 20+ years.

Going to look at one cottage on Big Gull, one on Bobs, and one on 14 Island, one on Sharbot (east) And some land on Silver and Long lakes. I think the motel in S.L. might be a better bet. I've eaten there before but not stayed there. (and Sunsets is right across the road mmmmmm)

jjcanoe