cable steering on trolling motor

dada2727

Where can I find a spare steering cable for my Minnkota trolling motor? Not sure the year, but it's a 74 lb thrust 24 volt maxxum. I know Rockey tackle in orillia will have one, just wondering if there was a place closer to bobcaygeon.

Thx

Where can I find a spare steering cable for my Minnkota trolling motor? Not sure the year, but it's a 74 lb thrust 24 volt maxxum. I know Rockey tackle in orillia will have one, just wondering if there was a place closer to bobcaygeon.

Thx

MANY reel repair guys also repair trolling motors....you can also Google Minn Kota for service areas in your area.

Edited to add:

ROCKEY'S TACKLE SERVICE INC.

10 BRAMMER DRIVE

ORILLIA, ON L3V 7T4

705-325-3526

705-325-8161

[email protected]

This is the closest one according to Minn Kota's website....

Bob

Edited by Billy Bob

There is an authorized Minnkota repair shop just off of Brock Rd. in Pickering as well. The name escapes me but I hope someone else will know the name of the joint.

Would this be the one (also shows on Minn Kota's site)

BOAT TECH

1058 COPPERSTONE DRIVE

UNIT 2

PICKERING, ON L1W 3V8

905-686-5008

905-686-5009

[email protected]

Grant or Rocky will mail that part to you. "BUT" that wheel on the motor head will take serous head scratching to get it right.

I would be waiting at Rocky's door about 7:30am with my best puppy dog look and Rocky will usually fix you up. And he likes beer!

thanks for the replies guys, the cable isn't broken, just a strand. I just wanted a spare for when it eventually does happen, I can do the repair on the lake and not waste a trip. I'll check that place out in pickering, thx.