A Great Start to the Bass Season - Report

Hello All,

We are nineteen days into the bass season here in Ontario and I have been fortunate to have fished nine of those. If only work didn't have to get in the way of our outdoor pursuits!

Action has been very steady with the warm weather as of late. Typical patterns are producing, namely shallow slop, docks, undercuts, as well as flats and other off-shore structure. The frog bite has been on big-time my last few outings, and largemouth are busting these nature-inspired replicas as if they are going out of style! Soft swimbaits are also picking up fish, especially during the morning periods when bass are more prone to roam shallow flats in search of food. As always, flipping jigs are accounting for a large number of fish, although I am relying on a Texas-rigged plastics a bit more this season. So far my number one choice has been the NetBait "Paca Craw." Fish seem to love this bait...and the action is definitely enticing.

BassSeason09.jpg

For the rest of my report and to view more pics, check out my blog/website at: http://www.justinhoffmanoutdoors.wordpress.com

Good Fishing,

Justin

Hey Bdox,

Thanks for the comment. Yes, the article was written from last years experience. Other than one outing, all of my time so far has been fishing a section of the Rideau River - very shallow and heavily weed-choked. Not spoon material. I will be hitting a deep rock lake next week - the spoon will be getting a good wash for sure...

Thanks for reading..

Good Fishing,

Justin

Hey Misfish,

Had intended to post some reports earlier, but since I have been doing so much "solo" fishing, didn't think a report would be as worthwhile without some pics to go with it. My hope is to be updating it weekly from now on.

As for your question - not sure what you're asking? ha ha! To post a comment on the site, I believe there is a comment section right underneath the post. Let me know if I can help you out.

Hope your season has been a good one thus far..

Good Fishing,

Justin

Hey Brian,

Not sure exactly what the "feeds" mean...I'm fairly new to this whole blogging world. On the right hand side of the page you can subscribe to the blog by inputting your email address. By doing so, you will get an email notifying you of new content as it goes live.

As for the "comment" - I thought you meant you wanted to leave a comment on the site, not comment on it...lol!!! Been a long day... ;)

Justin

Edited by JustinHoffman