Family resort recommendations

mistaredone

I stayed at Pleasant Cove Resort a few years ago. Was a nice place. Outdoor pool and a decent sized beach. They have a couple of nice cottages right on the beach too, the others are up top on a cliff and have great views.

As for fishing, well, never caught a musky, but there are some really prime looking spots in the vicinity. His rental boats aren't anything special, but never had any issues (fish finder costs extra). The one thing I hated was the boat traffic. I most likely will never go back to that body of water in the summer ever again. It's way too busy for me. Although, I always wanted to head back in the fall for some musky fishing.

Rice lake has several nice family resorts, but I don't think the musky fishing is too spectacular - but, I never actually targeted them here. Although, I have seen some real beasts caught over the years. In my experience, the Pigeon tri-lakes are much better for fishing, but the resorts I stayed at aren't as good for families IMO - only stayed at a few though, so maybe someone else has a suggestion.

French river might also be a good spot. My buddy goes musky fishing there every year. However, not too sure about family resorts as I only stayed at what I would call a "fishing resort".

Good luck!

A number of years back when our boys were small we were looking for the same thing. We found Scotsman Point Resort on Upper Buckhorn. Benn going there every since. However, the boys are all grown up now, so we may have to rethink our future plans. Scotsman have a daily kind program to keep the kids busy during the week while you are out search for muskie.