Napoleon Grill warranty service NF

Jer

Last week I had a self-inflicted issue with my two-year-old Napoleon Grill.

I guess I let too much grease build up in the lower tray and last week on a particularly windy day, all that grease decided to ignite just minutes after starting the grill to pre-heat. By the time I got the tank shut off and the fire out, all three of my control knobs had melted in the centre and wouldn't turn the valves anymore. I took a close look and couldn't find any other visible damage.

The next day I went to the local dealer where I purchased the unit and they directed me to the Napoleon Customer Care phone number as they had no parts on hand.

Although officially, such incidents (grease fires) are not covered under warranty, they were quick to offer all the parts (three knobs and springs) at no charge for the sake of "customer relations". All it cost me was less than $16 for shipping.

Two days later there was a package at my door, I snapped the new springs and knobs into place and the grill works as good as new (although a little discoloured on the front panel).

Thanks to Napoleon for standing behind their product, I knew it would be worth buying Canadian made.

Also a reminder to myself to clean the damn BBQ more often...

I had an issue with the 2 Broil King bbq's that I have. Both of them had a major issue with the lower castings which had buckled from the heat of the bbq. I was ready to buy 2 new bbq's in the spring but was advised at Barbecues Galore in Oakville to call up OMC to see if they would warranty my castings. Both barbies were 8 years old. After sending them some pics, I received 2 brand new upper and lower castings, 2 flavorizer bars, 2 sets of new cast iron cooking grids, and 2 new warming racks free of charge with shipping included. So for $60/each for new burners, I have 2 pretty much new bbq's other than the stand assemblies. I'm more than happy with their service on this issue.

It pays in the long run, to buy big name BBQ's.There are so many BBQ's sold by companies like Wallmart, Loblaws, and Costco, that LOOK really nice, but you cant get service or replacement parts for them. Napoleon and Vermont Castings are 2 of the best you can buy.

I dont know how many times a day, i field calls from people looking to replace parts on 1 year old BBQTeck, and Life at Home BBQ's, and have to tell them, Sorry, No parts available for this brand.wallbash.gif