Skunked....help

mercman

You could soak your dogs in a bathtub full of tomato juice for a day and they would come out smellin like skunk with a hint of tomato juice LOL Skunk b gone works well, I got mine from the vet. My dog just loves skunks :wallbash:

Edited by kuha

Our previous dog, Bear, got skunked a couple times over the years. I can guarantee that throwing him in the lake for a rinse does absolutely nothing but spread it around on the coat. :wallbash:

I found the peroxide, baking soda, dishsoap combination worked best. It left a hint of skunk, but bearable. For the next few weeks you'll find that everytime they get wet, the smell will come back to some extent.

Thanks guys. In the end, after i got the ketchup off my Pom, wallbash.gif Baking soda peroxide and dishsoap did the trick. I will get some skunk B gone, cause as all of us dog lovers know, they are as bright as a 15W bulb on a dimmer, turned right down to low.dry.gif

They did NOT sleep on the foot of my bed last nite, and when i woke up this morning, they were both very appolagetic, with thier tails down and ears lowered. Dumb asshat.gif 'srofl2.gif

Paul