Where to put in canoe on north side of Cameron?

siwash

Hey folks, if weather holds up, my buddy and I are going to take the canoe out for a paddle with our rods.. I've heard the north end of Cameron Lake (Boyds Island, the Five Fingers and Burnt River) are key spots to target. Is there a decent spot to put in around there? I know Fenlon has a launch but we were hoping to put in closer to the north end..

Thanks!

Hey folks, if weather holds up, my buddy and I are going to take the canoe out for a paddle with our rods.. I've heard the north end of Cameron Lake (Boyds Island, the Five Fingers and Burnt River) are key spots to target. Is there a decent spot to put in around there? I know Fenlon has a launch but we were hoping to put in closer to the north end..

Thanks!

It's easier at the locks at Rosedale, the first street on the right before you get into town.

There is also a spot along #35 where you can put in a canoe. Its just a bridge over a creek that goes into the lake. You can't miss it. Its past the 121 exit to Fenelon.

S.

I just looked at a map.. I think you are referring to the creek on the south end of the lake.. We want to launch up in the north end and get right on top of those good fishing grounds at the mouthes of the two creeks, Burnt and Rosedale

If weather doesn't get too asty we will be leaving in about an hour.. hope to post an interesting report!

Thanks