outboard, spark plugs burn fast!!???

shurik_muff

hello guys.

just rebuild the motor, 2scl, 3 cilinder.

motor has oil pamp already. i was told the first fill up or so, to mix the gas as well, 50:1 ratio. now every time the motor is cold, after 2-5 minutes, one of the cylinders blows the spark plug. i change 3 already in 2 days.

can some one confirm that incorect mixture can cause this problem? i asume, mixture at the moment is 25:1, due to pamp mixing 50:1 and gas tank is also mixed 50:1.

thanks again

hello guys.

just rebuild the motor, 2scl, 3 cilinder.

motor has oil pamp already. i was told the first fill up or so, to mix the gas as well, 50:1 ratio. now every time the motor is cold, after 2-5 minutes, one of the cylinders blows the spark plug. i change 3 already in 2 days.

can some one confirm that incorect mixture can cause this problem? i asume, mixture at the moment is 25:1, due to pamp mixing 50:1 and gas tank is also mixed 50:1.

thanks again

What do you mean by "blows the plug"?

Who told you to mix oil with the gas?

What grade of plug are you using?

need the year make model for sure, but with most outboard 2 strokes a gas/oil mix as well as the injection is recommended for the first tank just to confirm the oil pump is functioning. I am currently running my engine at a 25:1 ratio for break in and having no issues with any fouling; you have a pic of the plugs do you?

Edited by ecmilley