Rod Warranty

4x4bassin

I have an older shimano compre (1997-2000) and the tip broke off , does anyone know if there is a time limit on there warranties ?

I have had shimano stuff replaced before under warranty but nothing this old !

Thanks

If its a compre it has a lifetime warranty. You will need to mail it to Shimano in peterborough. You used to be able to take it to Aikmans in Mississauga, but Shimano cancelled them as a rod warranty outlet. now all rods must go to the factory. I have a compre I also need to take back. You can drive it over there as well.

Well mine it different... but it related if you think about sending it or driving it to peterborough.... Few months ago I called aikmans I didnt know they dont accept broken rods anymore... they told me to called the head-office in peterborough, so I called they very polite.. told me to send to their address... I have to get box or tube were I can put the rod in and send it to post office... I asked them how long will it take for me to recieve it... maybe 3to4 weeks because we have to send your rod to the US and then you have to include a postage so that they could send the rod to me... so I was like, what the """".... so I said how about if I drive it there to peterborough??? she said you can but still we dont have a rod to raplace ur rod... still we need to send it to the US...

so many wise for me:

sending to post office back in forth...

40d???

tube to put the rod in 20to25d??

or driving.... 40d gas back in forth to toronto.... and still u need to pay the postage one way... going back to you....

what I did called a local who they can fix the guide... 30d for 4 broken guides and only takes 3days... is not new but it doesnt look like I almost pay the whole amount of my rod if you think of how much would it cost you to send it.. plus the hassle...

Yah, not so happy with shimano myself I had the same issue accept I drove down to aikmans. :) In the end I ragged out on Shimano on the phone and they said I cut cut off the blank and mail it to them to save on postage. With the postal strike looming though I haven't got around to it. Not at all happy with shimano right now either. I am thinking of completing the transition to St.Croix... but I have so many shimano rods I would need to replace. I guess I could have a fire sale.

I just had to warranty a loomis rod. They sent a CanPar guy to my work to pick it up and ship to peterborough, verified it was indeed a warranty issue, and ordered me a new one from the factory, and shipped to my door. Cost to me? Free. But I think the days of over-the-counter warranty are pretty much over.

Yah, not so happy with shimano myself I had the same issue accept I drove down to aikmans. :) In the end I ragged out on Shimano on the phone and they said I cut cut off the blank and mail it to them to save on postage. With the postal strike looming though I haven't got around to it. Not at all happy with shimano right now either. I am thinking of completing the transition to St.Croix... but I have so many shimano rods I would need to replace. I guess I could have a fire sale.

Not going to make any different, all broken St. Corix rods require warranty need to send to Prrk Fall, USA.