Walleye fishing on Muskoka Lake was Awesome

coreyhkh

Even with the weather I took the drive Home to my dads from London to see if I could catch a few fish. Saturday came around and the weather was not too good but the walleye where biting and they where big. We had a hard time catching any small ones to eat, we fish all day to get 6, 3 each. Everyone we caught was to big and over the slot limit largest was 7.5 pounds we got 3 or so around 6 and a few around 5. We were just using a worm and a hook, simple works. I did try throwing a lure but nothing hit. Two pike also took the worm the big one broke the the line it must of been around 10 pounds it jumped near the boat.

I went out Sunday and only got one small pike that was small enough that it could of lived in my aquarium.

Walleye1.jpg?t=1308156835

Walleye2.jpg?t=1308156833

walleye3.jpg?t=1308156833

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice walleyes! This is my first full year on lake muskoka, near Bracebridge and I've found it to be a very challenging. Pike are scattered everywhere, I just caught a 10+ lb'er a few nights ago - so they're fun. Smallies can be tough to find but seem plentiful and average sizes are 3 lbs. Caught a 8.5 lb laker in April jigging.

But man..... are the walleye hard to catch. My sonar is always lit up with large fish and I throw everything at them (minnows, jigs, gulp, worms) and they don't seem to bite. It's like the fish are too well-fed. My friend caught a nice walleye, probably around 4-5 lbs a couple of weeks ago dragging a tiny rapala perch countdown near dusk around a rocky island. I've also spoken to some old timer that catches walleye regularly trolling work harnesses at dusk. I've seen many boats troll around the mouth of the river but really don't see the justification of the traffic there for the 1 or 2 fish that I see being caught per night.

Any tips for a walleye rookie on this lake?