GBay Report June 4

bigbuck

We were out for about an hour and a half on Saturday evening on GBay on an undisclosed spot. We were 2 for 4 big Walleye. One was a 24"er and the other was a 22"er. Both were caught slow trolling worm harnesses. We ended up keeping the 24" since she was pretty beat up and we couldn't revive her. Lunch was good on Sunday. My buddy up there has caught 2 musky so far, one jigging with a GULP minnow and one with a worm harness. They were 48" and 52" and were successfully released. Figures, you spend the whole summer fishing for 'skis when they are in season and you catch the big girls when they are not.

On another note, my boat had to come back out of the water, the new tach that Faria sent me was defective, it was reading inaccurately on all settings. So, back to Oro with her and hopefully I get the new guage real quick because I don't want to miss too much fishing time, the big 'eyes are in our little spot for another 3 weeks or so before they move on. Hopefully this weekend I get to go out again if the weather cooperates.

I've got a pic of the walleye we kept but it's pretty lousy, that's why I didn't put it up. The 'skis do have to be 54+ inches to be legal, besides, who wants to keep a big girl like that, a couple of pics, some measurements and you can get a fiberglass mount made that will last forever.

Guest gbfisher

I've got a pic of the walleye we kept but it's pretty lousy, that's why I didn't put it up. The 'skis do have to be 54+ inches to be legal, besides, who wants to keep a big girl like that, a couple of pics, some measurements and you can get a fiberglass mount made that will last forever.

Funny how ya know the fish were the length they were being OOS and all...... :whistling::D

I wasn't there for the musky so I'm not the culprit. When there is a measuring tape taped to the side of the boat, it's kinda easy to get a quick measurement. Besides, in that area, you don't want to mess around too much with OOS and illegal fish, the OPP and MNR are all over the place checking boats which is a good thing IMO.

Guest gbfisher

I wasn't there for the musky so I'm not the culprit. When there is a measuring tape taped to the side of the boat, it's kinda easy to get a quick measurement. Besides, in that area, you don't want to mess around too much with OOS and illegal fish, the OPP and MNR are all over the place checking boats which is a good thing IMO.

You know it. :good: