weather turning nasty in the Barrie area

kickingfrog

this storm just barreled through here 1/2 hour ago.Lightning hit the pole accross the street as i was on my deck enjoying the lite show.So close the hair on my head stood straight out from the static.Scared the HooHah out of me and my dogs.My Lab tried to run through the closed patio door, my Pom didnt even blink an eye.thumbsup_anim.gif

Awesome stormclapping.gif

I took shelter from one at about 2:45, then headed back out on the water, only to be chased off by an even bigger, mother of a storm. Holy moly, did it ever come fast. Barely made it to shore. Got soaked loading the boat. Raindrops like marbles, and howling wind. I wish I coulda took pictures on the boat ride in. I haven't seen the sky do what it did before. Crazy stuff!

S.

Storm came through Penetanguishene and Midland this evening. The wind and rain was incredible, with lots of lightning and thunder. Lots of trees down in Midland and Penetanguishene area. Power out from approx 5:50pm to 10:45pm. Thought for sure there would have been a tornado in the area because the wind and rain here was worse than the wind we had when the tornado went through Midland last year. The roads were covered with small branches and leaves. All I can say is "Wow" and it is probably the closest I will come to feeling the effects of a tornado until the real thing happens, God forbid. (not the destruction but the wind and rain)

Tom

Lots of storms hit the GTA in last 5 days but mostly at night.

There were storms yesterday about 7:30 PM that were most wicked.

Took a couple of pictures of crazy clouds...

Picture022-1.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture019.jpg