Lake Ontario June 7/2011

Live2fish85

Well I finally got out yesterday for some Salmon on Lake Ontario, after our first try last weekend and the boat giving us some problems and making us head in. My buddy got his boat back the other day and we decided yesterday we would go out for some fish. We launched at Bayfront as it was windy and didn't feel like ending up way out in the big Lake O if something was still wrong. We booted around in the bay for a few hours tried for some pike and other things but weren't getting anything finally the wind started to die so we headed for food then for the lake. We got out a few miles from shore to the depth we wanted. We were using dipsy divers around 20 to 25 and after about a half hour FISH ON. This is not only our first time salmon fishing but the first actual fishing trip in the boat my buddy got this winter.

I got to bring in the first fish while my buddy netted it, it put up an alright fight was harder to get in the net (for my buddy)lol then to bring to the boat. Well we got it in and it was a nice 5.9 lbs and just over 24 inches.

025.jpg

Well we got the line back in and the with in a few minutes we had another one on, I grab the rod out of the holder give it to my frined and he set the hook so hard he snapped the leader lol he didn't know he wasn't supposed to set the hook that hard. So after re-tying and getting the line back down about 10 to 15 mins later BAM fish on this thing hit hard. Well after a good battle and lots of nice jumps my buddy got it to the boat and I netted it. We weighted it and it was 8.11 lbs I dont know forsure but I believe it is a rainbow but regarless still a nice fish.

028.jpg

Well again we put the line back out and we were getting some many hits and by the time we grabbed the roads they were gone kind of a bummer but still awesome feeling thinking your getting one lol. So about another half hour goes by and then we got another one on I grab the rod and kind of stumbled, thought for a sec I was going swiming lol this was a good fight lots of jumping and taking the line back out took me awhile but finally got him to the boat and in 1 dip the fish was in the boat. I believe its a chinook but not possitive but it was 27 1/4 inches and 9.10 lbs.

029.jpg

031.jpg

All in all it was a great day out on the water we were expecting rain and chance of storms and ended up with nice sunny day and gorgeous night out there. We did have some more hit after my last but were gone quick again, before I could grab the rod. We headed in around 8:30 pm and it was a nice ride in a bit cool with the wind and sun all day but a nice veiw.

034.jpg

038-1.jpg

We kept the 3 that we got and had some on the bbq last night it was awesome, talk about fresh. I can't wait to have some more for dinner tonight.

Chris