Kicker steeringI a

mrpike

Iam looking for the best way to hook up steering on my kicker motor. I have seen some real good remote setups but they are a little costly. AND I have seen the one that goes across the back of the two motors . But iam not sure i like that one at all. I would like the arm to come across the front of the two motors. IF you know of a good set up that really works well and is available here in ONTARIO . Could you please let me know where I can get one. THE motors Iam trying to hook up are a 115 mercury 4 stroke efi to a 9.9 pro kicker mercury long shaft. ON the back of a LUND explorer both motors are on the transom side by side .

I just saw a unit I like called ( powrtran ) it is a remote unit . it looks good .

THANKS KEITH.

IF you have pictures of your steering set up .I would love to see them.

Edited by mrpike

Iam looking for the best way to hook up steering on my kicker motor. I have seen some real good remote setups but they are a little costly. AND I have seen the one that goes across the back of the two motors . But iam not sure i like that one at all. I would like the arm to come across the front of the two motors. IF you know of a good set up that really works well and is available here in ONTARIO . Could you please let me know where I can get one. THE motors Iam trying to hook up are a 115 mercury 4 stroke efi to a 9.9 pro kicker mercury long shaft. ON the back of a LUND explorer both motors are on the transom side by side .

I just saw a unit I like called ( powrtran ) it is a remote unit . it looks good .

THANKS KEITH.

Keith

These ones look interesting.

http://www.marinetechproducts.com/pages/ElectroSteer/

http://www.marinetechproducts.com/pages/TrollMasterHome

Hey Keith,

I installed the following product from my Merc 115 to Honda 9.9

http://www.marinetec...otorSteeringKit

The link is for the zinc product but I purchased the stainless steel version. It was very easy for me to install (took the boys about an hour) and the result is very satisfactory.

Both zinc and stainless come with a quick disconnect system.

I would definitely recommend this product.thumbsup_anim.gif

Regards,

Simon

Edited by pikeslayer

Hey Keith,

I installed the following product from my Merc 115 to Honda 9.9

http://www.marinetec...otorSteeringKit

The link is for the zinc product but I purchased the stainless steel version. It was very easy for me to install (took the boys about an hour) and the result is very satisfactory.

Both zinc and stainless come with a quick disconnect system.

I would definitely recommend this product.thumbsup_anim.gif

Regards,

Simon

where can i buy this steering set up . Can i get it at a marine here in toronto or close bye. I don't like to order on line. thanks keith.

where can i buy this steering set up . Can i get it at a marine here in toronto or close bye. I don't like to order on line. thanks keith.

Hey Keith,

Call David @ City Marine (on the Queensway) 416 207 0344. Please tell him that I referred you. If he doesn't have it in stock, he can order it and have it delivered in a few days. Here are your part numbers:

Panther/Marinetech- Zinc 55-2400

Stainless 55-2600

Simon

Hey Keith,

Call David @ City Marine (on the Queensway) 416 207 0344. Please tell him that I referred you. If he doesn't have it in stock, he can order it and have it delivered in a few days. Here are your part numbers:

Panther/Marinetech- Zinc 55-2400

Stainless 55-2600

Simon

Thanks Iam waiting for him to call me back . DO you have this on your boat and does it work well.

Thanks Iam waiting for him to call me back . DO you have this on your boat and does it work well.

Yes. Very happy with it. You may need to bend/shape the rod depending on your configuration. If you are not mechanically inclined, you may want to talk to David about installation.

Okay Keith, Rob V and others that have asked before. Took some pictures today. As I've said before all you need is two female rod ends, a piece of threaded rod and a single jam nut. You can pretty it up with a piece of plastic tube and you'll need to buy or make the attachment brackets. Pretty darn certain you can pick up the two rod ends and the threaded rod for less than $30 in Princess Auto.

kickersteering1.jpg

kickersteering2.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Thanks WAYNE That is just what iam looking for. I will check it out and see if I can make up the same thing as you have in the pictures you posted. Looking at the kit from panther it looks almost the same as your pictures . I have orderd the kit from city marine for a hundred bucks I will give it a try . THANKS AGAIN SIR.