Channel Cat Report

Lip-ripper

Hey all, fairly new to the OFC board so this will be my first real report here.

My buddy and I decided last minute to head out to the Mattawa area around 9 pm last night to try our hand at some Channel Cats. We had planned on hitting Nipissing but with the Gail force winds yesterday it just wasn't happening.

I had to get out for some relaxing Lip-Rippin after my wife rolled my truck last weekend (She's fine, the truck isn't)... needless to say it's been a hell of a week.

As soon as we set up with the earthworm/powerbait combos the cats were snappin! 2 lost and 2 landed within the first 20 minutes. We ended up keeping a few smaller 3 pounders for a meal but had a fun time landing the fellow pictured below who weighed in at just under 9 pounds.

I'm waiting to get placed onto a 2011 OFC team, next time I go I'll make sure to get some pics with the OFC card in the frame so I can hopefully help my team out.

kitty003.jpg

Welcome aboard, Lip-Ripper....you sort of strike me as more of a "Trouty" kind of guy...for some reason...whistling.gif But that's a nice cat nonetheless

Yep, we finally wooed him over to the "good side" .

I seriously would like to go catting with you some night. Doesn't have to be to the secret spot just want to give it a go?

Welcome aboard, Lip-Ripper....you sort of strike me as more of a "Trouty" kind of guy...for some reason...whistling.gif But that's a nice cat nonetheless

I figured you'd notice that! I couldn't use the other name, it wasn't taken but for reason the system wouldn't let me.

Yep, we finally wooed him over to the "good side" .

I seriously would like to go catting with you some night. Doesn't have to be to the secret spot just want to give it a go?

I'll take you out Nipfisher, last night was a last minute kinda thing, we are usually home after midnight.

I figured you'd notice that! I couldn't use the other name, it wasn't taken but for reason the system wouldn't let me.

I'll take you out Nipfisher, last night was a last minute kinda thing, we are usually home after midnight.

Cool I'm free every night after 8pm. Makes it tough for boat fishing but I'm "in" for shore fishing.