Postal Strike . . . . .

Photoz

Let us vote on the latest offer . . . . my bet is now that we're faced with the reality of getting $175.00 strike pay, instead of $1040.00 regular pay, there won't be many takers! Next week I have to renew 3 prescriptions . . . . . for about $240.00 instead of $48.00 . . . . many, many more don't want a strike any more than I do!! I'm also waiting for a knee replacement . . . . the result of dragging a heavy satchel of mail up & down (broken) stairs for nearly 25 years! I just want to do the job I was hired to do . . . . peacefully . . . . . .

Let us vote on the latest offer . . . . my bet is now that we're faced with the reality of getting $175.00 strike pay, instead of $1040.00 regular pay, there won't be many takers! Next week I have to renew 3 prescriptions . . . . . for about $240.00 instead of $48.00 . . . . many, many more don't want a strike any more than I do!! I'm also waiting for a knee replacement . . . . the result of dragging a heavy satchel of mail up & down (broken) stairs for nearly 25 years! I just want to do the job I was hired to do . . . . peacefully . . . . . .

Are you not still working? For some reason I thought there were striking at various locations only? no?

Postal Strike? Legislate these unreallistic unions back to work or out on the street. A whole country should not be held hostage by a union who obviously have no concept of what the average cat puts up with in most jobs for less money.

I wouldn't go all out and say that Union is a bad thing.. there are pros and cons with having a Union, it's just that nothing catches our attention more than a strike and more than often, people think that Unions love to go on strike. No one seems to say a bad thing about corporations and when they do lock outs in labour relation issues.

In the USA I get mail 6 days a week. Delivery coast to coast takes two or three days.

The post boxes in my area are in groups of three so they're no more than one house away.

Postal rates are low.

When I leave, to come home to Canada, my mail is forward for free.

In Canada, I get mail 5 days a week. Delivery is in the nature of "Make a wish."

My post box was moved a quarter mile down the road. Why? Because after all these years it wasn't safe for the mail person to stop in front of my house. Moving my box across the road into the old third lane put in for the school bus wasn't viable...??? I guess that would have added an extra stop to the route.

Postal rates are 33% to 50% higher.

When I leave for the winter I have to pay $50.00 to send my mail to my daughter...To forward it to the States is so expensive, I wouldn't be able to afford to go south!

There is nothing in my mailbox these days that I couldn't get electronically, other than junk-mail or parcels.

But anything bigger than a pack of cigarettes I have to pick up at the Post Office anyway.

I think that one of the courier services will be quick to pick up the slack in the parcel delivery business and I will have a net-gain in service.

Go C.U.P.E. Go...I won't miss you.

Canada Post IS MAKING MONEY,LOTS of money and has for the last 12 years.

Shouldnt an employer make money off the service they run?...maybe im taking your statement out of context but to me it sounds like because Canada Post makes money its the employees union(god) given rights to get more out of them...honestly...when the crap hits the fan for a bail out...and denied it ...then they will see how to make ends meet on a different kind of paper route

Yeah h h h . . . . . and if we poke postal management in their ivory towers & aggravate 'em enough, we'll ALL be on the outside lookin' in, with a lock-out. Then the waiting game begins . . . . who do you figure will run outta money and yell 'uncle' first . . . . . then it'll be too late. There are plenty of us who'd be happy to take the money offered now & run, but there's a stumbling block called C. U. P. W., who are determined to get what THEY want for us, even if it kills US!!