Been meaning to try this for a while..

danc

I've always liked to play around with HDR software. I traditionally bracketed my shots as jpegs. But I've always wanted to try to change the exposures of my shots from a single raw file. Today I gave it a shot. My cameras will only bracket 3 shots and I made 5 different exposures from my raw file for this shot.

This is the original shot from my post yesterday that I processed in photoshop from a jpeg.

may1122.jpg

And this is the HDR version from the 5 exposures from my raw file.

spec1.jpg

I like it. I like it a lot!!

The great thing about HDR is ...there is no right or wrong way to do it ...its an expression from the photographer...did you apply all 5 layers to the fish alone? it also fun to take different sections of the image and bring them to extremes...kinda like ....water , boat. fish, your coat all adjusted in HDR on seperate layers...then combining them to create an artsy feel..

Nice expression and nice fish too...

Cheers and thanks for sharing

This is an image of Dan B's perch he recently caught and reported a few days ago ...

i ran it through HDR as a single layer and this is what i came up with ..

Perch.jpg

Now here is the original image Dan had posted on OFC in his report...notice the difference in texture of the fish

222236_10150617241510105_746020104_18496405_6189484_n.jpg

Dan B i hope you dont mind me using your fish ...you had made comment in your thread that you really liked the colours on this fish ...so i thought i would use it as an example

HDR is alot of fun...

Edited by Twocoda