Rainy River Opener

Got all geared up and ready for walleye opener this morning, and all the kids got up at 530am and wanted to come. Not a bad idea, but this means no boat for the morning fish, oh well, we'll be in the boat this afternoon.

Weather is crap, 30kmh wind gusts, about 10 above and raining, in other words, great fishing weather!

Well, with the kids coming with we were limited to spots to fish, but we did manage some action. :clapping:

Got about 15 fish all together, some nice bass, some very small walleye and some very small pike.

Here is a few pics from morning, and I'll update with pics of this afternoon later :thumbsup_anim:

First cast, nice lil' smallie

walleyeopener063.jpg

Another decent smallie shortly after

walleyeopener060.jpg

Hyyyuge walleye! They were all like this, little 12"ers

walleyeopener044.jpg

Too small to even make a fillet

walleyeopener043.jpg

Nicest bass of the day and an upgrade for the Fishy Niners!

walleyeopener049.jpg

Another healthy bass, nice full bellies on these fish

walleyeopener048.jpg

Time for some coffee and pancakes, then out we go on the boat! Hopefully with some decent walleye this time

walleyeopener038.jpg

walleyeopener039.jpg

Well, we had a great evening of fishing!

Fish were everwhere, unfortunately we couldn't get into any walleye of decent size. We musta caught at least 50 that were 12".

Caught some more nice bass as well, and a few 25-30" pike, but had camera issues??? We took pics, got home and tried to look at them, and no pictures??? Kinda a bummer, but oh well.

Just getting geared up and ready for some more fishing action. Walleye, pike and bass all being targeted today!

Hopefully I can get some good pics this time

Thanks Limey!!!! Hope you had a good lunch. :thumbsup_anim:

I went out again last night and did really well again. Walleyes were a lil' bigger, around 17", big enough to keep some for supper last night!

Caught a few more nice pike as well.

But boy are those lil' walleye feeding hard, I actually had to try to shake bites off, lol.

All in all it was a great season opener. Now time to wait for those females to go on the feedbag, just in time for the Emo Walleye Classic!!!

good work mamitou... action is action

That it is my friend!

Went out again today and had a nice surprise, some kids came down with their grandpa to play with my kids while we shore fished. One kid got in a few pics with me and my nice pike today, he said he wanted a pic cause he had never seen a fish that big! lol. Shortly after he grabbed a rod and started fishing, and within minutes caught his first ever SM bass!!!

Always good to see the local kids getting "hooked"!

lil' smallie in the rain

Fishgforopener2011001.jpg

The "gator", lol, biggest so far this season

Fishgforopener2011008.jpg

Todays catch, tonights supper!

Fishgforopener2011025.jpg

Good job Bud. Finally got out this morning in front of the house...i did not egt 50 fish...but got my limit and lunch is looking much better than it did when i got up at 7am(leftover lasagne).

I'm catching you up ...lol.

Geez, we all feel soooo bad for you that you have to go soooo far from home to catch your limit of walleye. LOLO you guys both live in fish heaven.