Yes The Carp are starting

Fang

Started out early this morning to check in around hamilton bay for any carp activity. Spot #1 - nothing, Spot #2 - nothing. Although I did bump into Viktor and Frozenfire, nice chatting with you guys, hope you did better than me at that spot. After a quick Timmies break spot #3 was just as barren. When I mean barren it was all cold water, very clear and no other local carp angelrs to be seen. When no one else is around I know that's my cue that not much is happening.

Spot #4 did change for the better though. I walked to the shoreline and the water was alive with bubble tracks in front of me. I've never seen anything like that before. There was also nice dirty green water from the creek run off and every now and then you could see a carp come up to the surface. Hooked and lost a small one within the first 5 minutes. After that it was pretty steady with a bite every 20 minutes or so. Mostly smaller fish around 4-5 lbs but pretty feisty

This one was 24 inches but fought great on 6lb and a steelhead rod

IMG00066-20110514-1004.jpg

Went 5 for 9 over the next couple hours and then got a good one. Funny not much of a fight on this one at all - 30"

IMG00067-20110514-1015.jpg

The rain was off and on and finally got too much so packed it up and headed home

Final tally 7 for 10 (mostly small ones)

4 broken waggler floats

1 soaked folding chair (it fell in the water)

lost most of my egg sinkers when the case tumbled out of my bag and spliied into the water

and not the least 1 broken 13ft steelhead rod, snapped clean on the first guide above the ferrule. Strange very strange. Gonna see what the warranty on the Steamside rods are. Bought it at fishing world last fall but who knows where the bill is.

It was nice meeting you today. Always cool to learn about different tactics/rigs.

Sort of the same thing for us. Spot#1 nothing Spot#2 nothing and finally got a bit of activity at Spot#3 to avoid the skunk. Must have been lots of fun on the light tackle.

It sucks about the rod, hopefully they'll fix it for ya!