Spartan Race

muskymike

So I had some health issues early on in the year. I am not old either. I had a scare and thought I was having a heart attack. I decided to do something. I have always been fairly active playing hockey until Junior A and always played rec after.

So my scare made me think, why I am not treating my body the way it deserves to be treated. I started going to the gym in Late February. I go 5 days a week for at least an hour. Since then I have dropped just over 25 lbs of fat and gained about 5 to 7 lbs of muscle. I feel incredible. My goal is another 40-45 lbs.

So a friend approached me and showed me this website and video. I was hooked. It was a Spartan Sprint. A 3+ mile run with obstacles. It looks amazing and looks extremely difficult. This will be my first 5K run ever. I dont ever remember being so excited to do something until this. It has this hook that will not let me go.

So I ask, has anyone ran these in the past? Any words of advice or direction? Is anyone running the race at Mount Fortune in Gatineau or at Kelso in Milton?

www.spartanrace.com

Mike.

Edited by MuskyMike

Awesome... I assume you are going to the one in Toronto.

Good luck.

I was going to do the one at Kelso but its 2 weeks before the Camp Fortune (Gatineau) one which I am registered for. I am sure my body wont be able to do 2 in 2 weeks.

here's another you might like. my fiance and I are entering this one, and now that i've showed her your link she wants to do that one as well :)

www.warriordash.com

it's up at horseshoe resort

Yea, we looked at the Warrior Dash but no one lives close to it. Either Kelso and Ottawa we all have free room and board. :rolleyes:

There is also mud run too, but I am not sure if they have one in Ontario.

Edited by MuskyMike