Trailer/RV repair near Rice Lake?

mrdylan

Anyone know of a decent Trailer or RV parts and repair shop in the Rice Lake vicinity? We have a trailer out in Hastings and doing a search on google pulls up millions of pages but mostly Parks and not dealers etc.

Last year in a storm our awning ripped off due to excessive wind and me being too semi-poluted and lazy to go pull it down. Basicaly the arms ripped right off so we need to get this repaired this spring when the park opens in May.

We live out in Oshawa though so driving around is not exactly an option right now.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest skeeter99

did u not claim it through your insurance?

usually that is how most of the destroyed awnings in storms are repaired

at leat that was the case when i worked at goreski's anyway

Edited by skeeter99

Yeah we did call them this is going back to the fall though so I am sketchy on the details but even they needed a quote to move forward If I remember correct. I think we have a $500 deductable and the first quote we got wasn't much more so we were thinking of just doing it ourselves since our rates would go up. I need to talk to the wife more about it again but I still need places that do the repairs though and will actually come out to the trailer to do it.

Thanks again.

Edit: I talked to the wife on the way into work and it is like I remembered the insurance needed quotes and we do have to shell out the $500 just to get them to take care of it. If it isn't much more we will just pay for it ourselves so our rates don't go up.

Thanks again and if you guys can think of any more places it would be appreciated.

Edited by mrdylan

Peterborough RV should be able to help out

Thanks again for the response.

We contacted these guys today in email and got a response back right away. They told us to contact our insurance so we did again as they need a claim number to come out to look. It is a $500 deductable and they are not sure if they are going to cover it all I guess they depreciate the value according to how old the trailer is? even for an awning? When we got the insurance we asked for full coverage which we were told we had my wife had already contacted them when this first happened and they assured us of this and told us to contact them back in the spring when the park re opened now they are giving us a hard time because it happened last fall!!!

The RV place would not give us even a rough idea on cost and now insurance is stating they will only cover a certain portion this is getting crazy.

Anyways thanks again and hopefully we shall have an awning again!!

Have you checked with the Park owners?

Sometimes,when trailers have a 'room' or 'permanant awnings' added, the Park owners will store the old awning for re-sale.

They can be assembled easily with a bit of help.

If all else fails, ONE CALL DOES IT ALL in Bobcaygeon does a good job[if its close enoughfor you]