Trailer Swing tongue?

Sebastian

Hey guys,

I just bought a 17' Lund. The trailer is a bit too long. It fits across my garage but i would prefer to have the extra space. I have been looking at a Fulton bolt on hinge. Anyone install them? Seems fairly simple enough to install but i could be wrong. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sebastian

Sebastion, I put one on this past winter, hardest part is redoing the wiring...Make sure you are sure where you want to cut, use an angle grinder with a cut-off wheel, then mark and drill the holes, bolt the two pieces on. Its real easy. I love mine, I now have 2-4 feet behind my boat, where I used to have none! Of course now my trailer lights are acting up...Doh! :wallbash:

Hey guys,

I just bought a 17' Lund. The trailer is a bit too long. It fits across my garage but i would prefer to have the extra space. I have been looking at a Fulton bolt on hinge. Anyone install them? Seems fairly simple enough to install but i could be wrong. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sebastian

Hey Seb....there was just recently a thread on this...try the search option here...many good post on them....saying it's a good product.. :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

Thanks Wayne. I understand the concept, any advice on how to do it?

What Wayne is saying is pretty simple....your bad ground to the trailer lights is because of the new hinge you installed....just bridge the gap with a long enough wire that will go from one side of the hinge to the other side of the hinge by probably using one of the bolts on each side of the hinge for ground contact...should take you about 10 minute at most. This will FIX the problem....

Bob

I said, I understand the concept...Thanks

I did that to my hinged trailer and lights work great again. I just took off old ground connection, spliced on a length of wire then attached it behind the hinge. i just drilled a hold on bottom side and used a small stainless bolt/washer/nut to fasten it.

Lights are super bright and reliable again:)