2002 Nissan Xterra

ohhenrygsr

I know a few people that are second time buyers.All owned 80's somethings.They all sad,It's Not the same truck,But it gets better fuel mileage.

One guy had the 4runner for 12 years and 740k.

My diesel gets better fuel economy city and highway and towing my lund.

and room in the rear seat to fit 3 kid seats.

I have an 02 xterra best vehicle i ever owned, rock solid! Pulls an 06 fisher total weight 2800lbs like nothing, have had it out in the middle of simcoe in February without issue. i mistreat it but she still always brings me home! 191k and still runs like she has 60k like when i got her in 05'. Take the X!!!IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Edited by bassassin

Had a 2002 SC xterra, head gasket went at 145k, SC(supercharged) only ran on premium fuel.

WORST fuel milage I have ever seen in an SUV.

Stay away from the S/C models.

stick with the v6 3.3 xterra xe hes right i havent heard too many positive things about the supercharged model...

I also have an 02 XTerra 4x4, only had it a year now but I would still say it's the best built vehicle I've ever owned. Previously had a couple Explorers and Bronco II. It's a 5 speed with about 170k on it. I struggle to get 500km to a tank in the summer and less than 450km in the winter and I baby it. Tank is 65 liters. It's not the supercharged version (didn't want that) and it's pretty gutless. I tow a 14' tinny with full floor and a 25h.p. motor, 1200ish lbs. fully loaded with fuel, batteries etc. Pulls it no problem and doesn't use much extra fuel while towing.

It's great in 4x4 in the winter but absolutely terrible in 2wd - worst of all the suv's I've owned.

The rear seats are a bit of pain to fold down, the actual seat (part you sit on only) has to be removed and either left behind or packed in somewhere.

I've heard rumours of the head gasket issue but I know I don't lose any coolant or burn any oil....period.

Great truck until you have to put gas in it.....

I also have an 02 XTerra 4x4, only had it a year now but I would still say it's the best built vehicle I've ever owned. Previously had a couple Explorers and Bronco II. It's a 5 speed with about 170k on it. I struggle to get 500km to a tank in the summer and less than 450km in the winter and I baby it. Tank is 65 liters. It's not the supercharged version (didn't want that) and it's pretty gutless. I tow a 14' tinny with full floor and a 25h.p. motor, 1200ish lbs. fully loaded with fuel, batteries etc. Pulls it no problem and doesn't use much extra fuel while towing.

It's great in 4x4 in the winter but absolutely terrible in 2wd - worst of all the suv's I've owned.

The rear seats are a bit of pain to fold down, the actual seat (part you sit on only) has to be removed and either left behind or packed in somewhere.

I've heard rumours of the head gasket issue but I know I don't lose any coolant or burn any oil....period.

Great truck until you have to put gas in it.....

Amazing designers can`t figure out how to make a seat! Before the wife bought her Journey we had a serious looked at a Ford Escape until we saw that you had to remove the headrests to fold the seats down!!! :wallbash:

Funny you just mentioned the Escape headrests... I just got a 2011 Escape in March, and know where my 3 rear headrests are? In my garage in a milk crate LMAO! Got really tired really fast of having to remove them to fold those seats down... and now I can actually see something in my rearview mirror as well, they are in the sightlines pretty badly.... I can only imagine how bad it would be for a shorter driver than I!

Your Civic should pull a full sized bassboat with NO issues Henry!!! What are they rated to pull, at least a bag of groceries, so long as there is no potatoes in the bag... hee hee hee... a friend of mine has an older 4runner and loves it, he had a ridiculous amount of kms on it and it has never failed him.

Funny you just mentioned the Escape headrests... I just got a 2011 Escape in March, and know where my 3 rear headrests are? In my garage in a milk crate LMAO! Got really tired really fast of having to remove them to fold those seats down... and now I can actually see something in my rearview mirror as well, they are in the sightlines pretty badly.... I can only imagine how bad it would be for a shorter driver than I!

Your Civic should pull a full sized bassboat with NO issues Henry!!! What are they rated to pull, at least a bag of groceries, so long as there is no potatoes in the bag... hee hee hee... a friend of mine has an older 4runner and loves it, he had a ridiculous amount of kms on it and it has never failed him.

LOL hey man getting 550K on $45 worth of fuel @ 1.39 L is awesome. This is a big step for me tow vehicle and double my gas payments :wallbash: I'M FREAKING OUT TYPING THIS REPLY!!