Today: looking for new spots, offroading, a hike, a few fish and a picnic.

I mapped out a few back-road brookie lakes yesterday and without a GPS me and my gf drove up some "trees-closing-in-on-you" trails. It turned out be a series of unfortunate events. My truck is scratched to bits, I blew a tire and my lure caught on a tree as I was driving...completely spooled me. We never made it to any lakes so we turned around and came back home.

Today, we returned, better prepared. Since my truck was already scratched, I now had nothing left to lose. We parked about one kilometer before the lake and walked the rest of the way. Turns out I could have driven in, but the walk was nice.

It was a beautiful, small lake, with fallen trees and marsh all along the banks. With some clever tactics I found a few casting spots and managed to get.....

perch.

100_0175.jpg

100_0180.jpg

There were many perch along the whole shorline and some were fair-sized. After I realized that I would only catch perch we just carried on with the hike and had a nice lunch.

100_0177.jpg

We were out for nearly 5 hours. On the way back we stopped at a stocked lake and caught one brookie and a few perch. Just a little guy, so I let him live.

100_0184.jpg

Now I'm tired, make that completely bushed, so it's off to bed soon and I'm hoping for some superior steelhead in the next few days as I travel that way for work.

Edited by Rod Caster