Steelhead Pics

Paulus

With so much rainfall and so few other anglers out and about, fish were very easy to find this year. I'm with CC when he says "I LOVE RAIN!" Only three half-days spent on the rivers so far, since April 23rd - including one unforgettable morning that rates among my best ever; and I hope to have a few more outings before all is said and done. I'll be taking one of my 5 year-olds for his first "serious" trip soon - which means 5 minutes of fishing with an actual worm; so let's see if that's enough time for him to get into something unforgettable, too ;).

Anyway, here are some of my pics. Enjoy!

IMG_4425-1.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4406.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4387.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

IMG_4352.jpg

IMG_4344.jpg

IMG_4349.jpg

IMG_4355.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

This next one took me well over 15 minutes to land. She was almost completely recovered, very well fed and extremely energetic and strong. The first five minutes felt like I was hooked to a freight train! I kept her in the water for the pic; no need to add to her extreme stress!

IMG_4418.jpg

Not all fishing. Gotta take time to smell the roses, too...

Red sunrise

IMG_4365.jpg

Yummy!

IMG_4403.jpg

Who was here?

IMG_4392.jpg

Footsteps in the pool

IMG_4388.jpg

Swan

IMG_4298.jpg

Redwing Blackbird

IMG_4292.jpg

Reproduction in full swing!

IMG_4373.jpg

p.-

Must be the lucky red hat i seen you wearing a few years back...nice shootin!!!

i agree with solo ...nice rod!

steamed fiddleheads lotsa butter and salt... :worthy:

Cheers

Edited by Twocoda

Sweet lookin rod and solid choice of reel, ive also had mine since they came out except mine might have more roe juice than the original black on it haha. Also some very healthy looking drop backs!

Well done my friend.

Kind of bizarre that the tables are turned and you're fishing and I'm not. :lol:

(nice rod btw :) )

It is definitely an unusual circumstance, and hopefully things correct themselves soon :) For me, not much has changed though. I've only had 3 short trips, no glorious full days on the river - but I can't complain about any lack of success so far. Your old rod has been a godsend, though. With most fish, the fights have been over really quick, making for good releases. Plus the rod is sweeeeeet :D

Great report! Thanks for sharing and awesome pics too.

I wish I could get out.:(

I have to ask - I couldn't help noticing the one pic of your reel underwater in the sand, did it run okay after that?

I just dunk it in clear water, if ever the sand gets in there. You wiggle it around a bit, and that's usually enough. But it is a centrepin, which has only 2 bearings & sand usually only gets in between the spool and backplate. Different story if you're using a spinning reel...

p.-