A fantastic weekend trip with the guys

Nice photos indeed.

Could someone clarify if I'm thinking clearly? Is the area that they're fishing in Zone 10 (Manitoulin Island) and if so, aren't the catch & retain limits two for sport and one for conservation licenses for rainbows?

Not to knock the post, but just seeking clarification.

I figured that would come up Frank, so good question.

Yes we were in Zone 10 but there is an exception for the North Channel that allows for 5 Rainbows.

Excellent report! I'm sure those trout tasted great. I spent my summers as a kid on Manitoulin Island and have family that live there still, and seeing your report brings back a lot of memories.

If that's in the spot I think it is, when I fished there in the spring once I had surprisingly better success in the harbor, than in the main creek channel. Did you guys toss some baits in the harbor side where the culvert flows in?

If it is the spot I think, I have to also ask, did you make it to the chocolate shoppe nearby? They've got great hot drinks and some yummy chocolates smile.gif

Good stuff!

Tony

In the harbour? Wow, we looked at that spot and scoffed at it...dang I should have tried it!

Most of the town is closed this time of year (at least from what I saw)... apparently it gets VERY busy in the summer though??

They must have a really good program up there for the fish as demonstrated by the lunker of a female.

They're mostly pen reared escapees. The north channel swarms with them.

Nice catch rod caster, looks like a fun weekend.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i think i recall hearing they were triploid escapees which would definitely contribute to the big ol' bellies.

They're mostly pen reared escapees. The north channel swarms with them.

Nice catch rod caster, looks like a fun weekend.

Last year we caught one that looked wild. The fish had a bigger head/body ratio and the meat was firmer and of lighter color.