custom musky rods for local guide

Rodwrap

Quite a project.. :wallbash::wallbash:

building matching rods always requires extra "jazz"..Ya hafta count the turns sometimes to get things even.

I took 2 St.Croix 8'6" musky blanks & extended them to 9'7" ( Apparently, Red wants to pole-vault to shore from 50' out :clapping: )

I created custom decals using an Alps printer( can print white) from his logo. He also wanted "subtle" wraps..I don't do subtle well( in anything :whistling: )...So...I used cobalt blue thread, then threw in some prism holoshimmer trim to satisfy MY needs.

A nice pair of meatsticks..may they put fish in the boat..to be released...

redsrods3.jpg

redsrods4.jpg

redsrods5.jpg

redsrods7.jpg

I need the cost on some services too! Didn't know we had a rod builder on the forum. Last summer I had REW over on Walleye Central build me a 6'3" Croix SCIV with recoils. B)

You're not aware that Spiel, one of the moderators is a custom builder? :dunno: (He wasn't going to say it so someone had to. :) )

Some decent work on the musky rods from rodwrap. Question to you sir. The first thing that popped to mind was with a 12" extension in the butt where's the joint in relation to the reel seat?

No worries that when the rod is under load it'll break at that joint?

I always use an extension piece of lower modulus ( fiberglas saltwater blank in this case). The reel seat is still on the blank proper, not on the extension. I also wrap the blank with "A" thread, & finish to the point where the extension piece ends ( almost to the butt guide in this case.) I loaded the rods with a pretty good stress test..all ok

Fellow builders on the east coast often glue aluminum tubing inside surf blanks to extend them up to 2 feet...

Edited by Rodwrap