No gobbler take downs

misfish

Nice shooting fellas.Nice birds. I awoke to down pours like they said was going to happen. Decided to get some well deserved sleep. Decided also to spend the day with my mrs,s.Thunder and lightning and some good rain today in the Vaughan area.

On my way back home from the hospital last week I decided to go north on Fife's Bay Road (north P'boro) just to see where it goes...had several turkeys fly across in front of me...rolleyes.gif

I guess you can't shoot them from the road...eh?

On my way back home from the hospital last week I decided to go north on Fife's Bay Road (north P'boro) just to see where it goes...had several turkeys fly across in front of me...rolleyes.gif

I guess you can't shoot them from the road...eh?

Norm,sometimes the drivers door swings open and catch,s them just right.LOL

If anyone took me serious,give yer head a shake. :tease::jerry:

It's been five years in the making, but I finally got my first bird this morning. Had a wonderful hunt over the past three days with one of my best buddies, and it was great to share the moment with him. Had just enough time to snap a few photos before the skies opened up and absolutely drenched us.

Will try to add a photo, but not too savvy inserting photos into posts, so you'll have to bear (bare?) with me. Files too big and I can't figure out Photobucket seems to be freezing up, so you'll just have to believe me.

19.5 lbs, beard just over 7 inches. Pretty pleased with myself.

http://s1015.photobucket.com/albums/af274/basketclam/?action=view&current=IMG_0190.jpg

Picture added, if I figured it out?

Edited by basketclam

Thanks for the tip.

What would you folks say is an "average" turkey in Ontario, in terms of size. Haven't seen a lot shot, so I'd like to get an idea of a base line for me to compare to. It'll help me decide how brag worthy my bird is! Aside from the fact that the first one is always brag worthy, of course.