Ah, opening days

misfish

Seeing that trout opener is upon us soon,theres seems to be some excitment and displeasure with the forcasted weather. Like any other opening day event,turkey,deer,moose CNE,the excitment dose take a damper step back due to weather.Yes it may make you think it,s not worth that trip,but like I have come to learn from reading and listening to experinced members,weather conditions will play a part on your thinking,but it dosent mean you should not stay committed to your day.

Get out there.

The only day I had to get out for turkey last spring,it was raining 4 days pryer,but said to self,I got to go.Had a a tom in the area that wouldnt commit,but he was there. Worth the morning getting out and soaked. One year the group I hunted deer with said, it,s snowing ,nothings going to be moving.I said, Im not wasteing a day of my week. Headed out, set up and wouldnt you know it,bagged a button head ( I had made my harvest).Year after that,brutal winds,trees knocked down all week in the bush before opening deer hunt. Im whining to the wife, what a waste of a weeks holidays,and time heading out.She says you never know. Up earlly in the morning,head out to the stand. Wouldnt ya know it,8 am, 7 pointer taken .

What Im saying is,get out no matter,ya just never know whats waiting for you.Opening day is what we all wait for.I can understand the yahoo term,have I had my share during the hunting season. I have been trying to get back into the sports I love so much the past year,but work has been getting in the way.Work before play,got to pay the bills. Hopefully it will slow enough for me to really enjoy.

Happy opener to all.

Edited by Misfish

Exactly right Brian, well said!

On that note, no opener for me I have to work. :(

Not being a hardwater fisherman, and generally going out of my mind this time of year, I think If I had to miss opening day, I might come down with a dose of "Georgian Flu".....just saying.... :whistling:

Part of becomming a seasoned trout fisherman is enduring the elements ....it may be opener for most of you....but i guarantee the weather is going to be warmer then what we have been enduring all winter..

The brightside is...if its raining...its not cold enough to have to worry about line/guides freezing up

cheers and have a safe one and dont forget your licenses

Not sure what all the fuss is about ... I been spending openers 'all-nighter' on a river bank most of my life .. and it has actually snowed on all but a couple of the 40+ years I have been out there ... a little rain wont hurt ya ... specially if you are already wearing waders :)

Edited by camillj

The anticipation of opening day, watching the sun rise, listening to the forest come alive around you and hoping to hear a not so distant gobble makes any weather conditions OK, just need to be properly prepared for it to enjoy it more. Not getting out is a gauranty to get skunked. You never know what will happen and it can happen fast in both fishing and hunting.