Jaxon fishing rods

Nipfisher

I was at a local retailer today looking at baitcaster rods to pair up with my Shimano Castaic. I looked at the 6.6 St.Croix Premier series (2 piece) and one made by Jaxon. The seller said it was a Polish company and the rod I was looking at was an Italian design. It was called the Grand Virtuoso. It was 6.6 and was very stiff. Jaxon

I need a 2 piece rod because I will break a one piece rod.

Is Jaxon at all comparable to the St. Croix Premier?

I also looked at the Shimano Convergence rod and a few cheaper models.

Any imput on the rods listed would be great especially the Jaxon product.

Edited by Nipfisher

When I was living in Belarus, I had a chance to use jaxon fishing products - line, lures. Those were really good quality products, inexpensive also. I would give it a try, I don't think it's as good as St Croix, but it would be still really good product in my opinion.

Edited by Cosmos

Are you talking about North Bay outfitters? I was checking them out as well a few weeks. They seem like decent blanks, but nothing I'd choose over a St. Croix or Shimano.

Their spoons are killer, though.

Ya I checked Lefebvres, North Bay Outfitters, Can Tire, and Walmart. Lefebvre's actually had the best selection and best price. Their St. Croix Premiers were $40 cheaper then N.B. Outfitters! Pretty sure I'm going with the Shimano Convergence or the Premier. Compres are nice at Walmart but all 1 piece.