Need some advise for Navionic chip

Jackie

So I am looking to buy a Navionic chart for my HDS 7...but not quite sure which one to choose from...

I mainly fish in Kawartha areas.

MSD HotMaps - Canada Lake Maps ($130)

MSD HotMaps Premium Charts - All Canada ($150)

MSD HotMaps Platinum Lake Maps- Canada ($200)

Regardless of the cost difference I am not sure which one would be the best purchase...

I am not quite sure of the difference between Hotmaps and Hotmaps premium...

And I have heard that the Platinum cartridge is a memory hog and really slow down the system or be confusing, is that true?

Is the 3D bottom viewing necessary or useful? Should I simply stick with the 2D viewing?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jackie

I have the 2009 Hotmaps Premium (Canada) and it's very good for fishing.....used it in Stoney Lake and it has 1' contour lines but I believe the Hotmaps Platinum has a 3D view of the Kawarthan lakes...ALL the Kawarthan Lakes are in HD in the Premium chip.

go to the Navionic's website and check them out there...and you can email them for more info.....

I was in the same predicament as you Jackie. I ended up choosing the Hotmaps Platinum Canada. I bought through eBay and it was $183 can. delivered to my door. I may never use the 1' contours where I fish but I figured I would get the best chip possible then and not seccond guess myself later.