misleading advertising

pikehunter

http://flyer.canadia...ion=entryflash&

This weeks Crappy Tire ad (page 23) reads Trailer hitches at 20% off. It does not say anything about restrictions, class, special order or the sale is on in stock product only. The hitch for a Ford 500 is not an in store stock item naturally as there are not millions of these cars zipping along the roads. The class 2 hitch is regular price, not on sale and has to be ordered from their warehouse.

The fella on the phone gave me an 800 number to call to voice my complaint, OK I'm fine with that but not happy that the store will not honour the advertisement. I might call them tomorrow or just say forget it as I did get a decent installed price including wiring from Hitch World and they have a 5% online coupon.

It's either put a hitch on the Ford or sell the boat! Hey maybe I'll just say forget it and sell the boat! :wallbash: Probably won't get much use out of it anymore with bad knees and such as it is. :stretcher:

Just my little rant for the day. :blahblah1:

LOL, I know, some days I feel exactly that way but you can still fish without a boat, not nearly as great an experience but lately it takes all I have to get up and get going. Once I'm on the move it's not bad but the stiffness and leg pain is getting worse and the walking and standing on concrete all day at work is taking it's toll.

I want to keep the boat but the thought of just letting it go has crossed my mind more than a couple of times over the past winter. :( And the fact that the new(er) car has to have a hitch installed reinforces the idea.

Maybe I need some support to convince me to run the car in and just git-r-done! :good:

The car can tow my boat. What I find is that it's hard to believe though there is a class 3 hitch to fit it. The boat, trailer, motor and gear I have does not weigh more than 1000 pounds.

Edited by pikehunter

misleading

check out buying a new jeep patriot...with a tow package...........

I was looking into buying...with a tow package I noticed and said

it doesn't include a trailer hitch , is that right

right

but it's a tow package....

.yeah but we don't recommend you putting one on a patriot......

but it's a tow package...yes it has the electrical plug and an oil cooler, that's the tow package.....

can I tow with that...

yes...

how do I hook up the trailer to the patriot ..

well you need a trailer hitch

but why, I added the tow package to the vehicle......it is not a tow package without a hitch.....

the conversation went down hill from there.....