Camera Talk

MCTFisher9120

Hey everybody, hope everybody is doing well and has got out fishing! I am now in the marker for a new camera. Now the camera I have it great but I like to fish and am always in the elements and need something that wont freeze up on me and will be very water resistant/proof. The Fuji FinePix camera seems to have my attention and is in my price range...not spending more than 300...the one for 180 is a good price. Anyway just wanted to know a good place to start looking at them. Did a quick Future Shop search and it came up with one that was pink...Not to keen on color but I'm not using a pink camera haha.

Some reviews on the Fuji waterproof cameras would be good but I'm willing to try anything, so please if it's in my budget I'll consider anything as long as it's waterproof and will hold up to the cold...Had my Kodak camera freeze up a few times and pictures would come out like foggy...really weird.

Hope to get some advice and help,

MTBF

I have been using Olympus Stylus cameras for close to 10 years for recording my fishing trips.

They have been dropped, kicked, submerged and used at -40 without issue.

As far as I know the Fuji's are very similar.

I picked up my last Olympus off Olympus direct through their ebay store.

They sell off refurbed units (with warranty and free shipping) and the savings are really good.

I don't see them having any up right now but another retailer cybershops has a bunch up with $10 shipping.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

I'm on my 3rd and each one gets better with the latest being a Nikon S-570....what I like about this one is the lithium ion battery it came with....no more batteries to buy or AAA to recharge.

Light weight, thin and small is my take on these things...making it convenient to carry.......what good is a SUPER DUPER camera if it's a big bruiser to put in your pocket. But that's just my take and needs.

Bob

I have the Olympus Stylus Tough as well. I got it a bit more then a year ago.

It's held up quite well and have taken numerous pictures underwater. An example of this is my display picture.

It does not take the greatest quality picture, but it is perfect for fishing.