Nat Geo, Redheads, and Cans

brandon

Yesterday I spent about 2 hours at Lakeview Marina here in Windsor waiting for ducks to fly by for some flight shots. As I was setting up a woman approached me and noticed my lens and said "holy cow are you shooting for National Geographic or something?!?!". I said no, just freelance, selling them to whoever will buy them. A few minutes pass and I'm still talking with this lady and my phone vibrates. I take a look and I've got an email...from National Geographic. They're using the below Owl shot in the National Geographic Backyard Guide To The Birds Of North America...I'm still not sure if I'm dreaming or not...And the book will be available in bookstores towards the end of the month...Anyways just thought I'd share that with all of you since I've been posting shots here since day 1 and I appreciate all the feedback from everyone over the years. so THANK YOU!

It's an Eastern Screech-Owl taken back in 2008 here in Windsor at Ojibway Nature Preserve

5506794267_9e3d99a02c_z.jpg

Eastern Screech Owl - Nat Geo by bbroderick86, on Flickr

And here are the Redhead and Canvasback shots from yesterday...enjoy!

5509465847_e65aef3f64_z.jpg

Drake Redhead by bbroderick86, on Flickr

5509466863_da8a9f599f_z.jpg

Drake Redhead by bbroderick86, on Flickr

5509466535_77fac5b09e_z.jpg

Redheads and Canvasbacks by bbroderick86, on Flickr

5509467211_9723786240_z.jpg

Female Redhead by bbroderick86, on Flickr

As I was setting up a woman approached me and noticed my lens and said "holy cow are you shooting for National Geographic or something?!?!". I said no, just freelance, selling them to whoever will buy them. A few minutes pass and I'm still talking with this lady and my phone vibrates. I take a look and I've got an email...from National Geographic. They're using the below Owl shot in the National Geographic Backyard Guide To The Birds Of North America...

Cool story Brandon and congrats on on making NG, nice feather in your cap. thumbsup_anim.gif