Lake Gowganda

bassmaster4

I know i am asking this a bit early but im too excited not to. I was looking around for a cottage to rent up north this upcoming summer and decided on going to Auld Reekie Lodge located on Lake Gowganda. How is the fishing there? Any past experiences with the lodge? Any input will be appreciated.

Thank You

bassmaster4

I was thinking of booking Auld Reekie this summer to but I have sent them 2 inquiries via their e-mail and still no response after more than a week. I guess I will just call this week, I met and talked to the owners of Gow Bush Kon Lodge on Gowganda Lake at the fishing show last week. Pretty nice people and the prices were reasonable, Auld Reekie does look a little nicer but Gow Bush Kon could be another option for you to.

hey guys, i stayed at auld reekie, 2 years ago in the fall and it was quite and enjoyable trip, we went to eddie norths camp last year, and while nothing can compare to the fishing at eddies, auld reekie provided us with lots of fish, We didn't spend much time fishing on the main lake, it was the back lakes where we concentrated our efforts, obishkong lake is a good sized back lake, and we managed quite a few good sized pike from the reeds and a pile of 3lb smallmouth from the first waterfall when you get to the lake. There was a little pike lake whose name is escaping me but the lodge will have it, we caught quite a few small pike. but had a blast the day we spent on that one. But the highlight of the trip had to be hanging stone lake. We spent 2 full days on this lake and i dont think ive caught as many bass in my life as i did in the those 2 days, The second day my boat mate and i actually had a first to 100 fish contest. And just as a hooked my 100th bass of the day his knife mysteriously slipped out of his hand and onto my line! sore losers lol

The staff at the lodge when above and beyond, youll have to try the food in the restaurant at least once while you there it is top notch.

Getting into the back lakes is no picnic though ill have to add. obishkong is not so bad you load a little 2hp motor and gas and your gear into your car drive 5 minutes, put everything in the boats, drive down a river to the waterfall, unload carry everything down a path to a second set of boats at the bottom of the waterfall and your good to go. The trip to hanging stone is by boat from the main lodge about 10 minutes, to a dock on the other side of the lake, you then unload and you have about a 20 minute walk along a trail though the bush to hanging stone, its not the easiest trip but well worth it once your in there.

any other questions dont be afraid to ask

one of my buddies and i were talking this morning and he mentioned that fish tv actually did a show from obishkong catching smallmouth at the waterfall i was talking about, might be worth taking a look on youtube to try and track it down. i looked and this is the only gowganda video i could find, and i would like it on record that this is not me in the videos lol

one of my buddies and i were talking this morning and he mentioned that fish tv actually did a show from obishkong catching smallmouth at the waterfall i was talking about, might be worth taking a look on youtube to try and track it down. i looked and this is the only gowganda video i could find, and i would like it on record that this is not me in the videos lol

you look good in the video fish 1812 AKA Zach!

We stayed at lookout point camp last year,, great place and larry and vicki were the best,, they went out of there way for us and we had 17 of us ,cottages are perfect and the big one is the place to stay if you have a group. We didnt fish the back lakes ,but should of ,we caught a few walleyes ,the other group with us caught quite a few but they did put the hours in for it ,, .If you go to gowganda stay at lookout point camp you will not be dissappointed ,watch out for the rocks near the points ,i hit one last year across from them ,.