How I beat the law... sort of

cwpowell

So I was driving down Queenston road in Hamilton thsi morning dropping my girlfriend off at work. All of the sudden the light turns yellow, nd I make no attempt to stop as it was still wet out and I was on the side where there was still a little snow left over. As I'm going through the light I notice a cop in the other side. crap I say to myself, my girlfriend says is he coming after you? Yep I say. So he comes up to my car, license, ownership, insurance. I start digging through my glove box looking for my little wallet with the slips in it. No where to be found. So I say sir I appologize I can't seem to find my ownership and insurance. He goes back to his car, and comes back with a ticket in hand. Charles do you realize a redlight ticket is $450 dollars and 5 points as it went up last January, not having your ownership is 100 dollars, and not having your insurance slip is 65 dollars. I apologize to him telling where I think my information might be and he says no worries. I noticed you like to fish he says ( I had5 5 or 6 ice fishing rods in the back of my car as well as a couple tip ups) He made some small talk about fishing. and said well I've given you the lowest ticket which is not being able to produce your insurance slip and its 65$ dollars. He sends me on my way and says good luck fishing!

I'm taking that as one fisherman to another. He let me off big time!

My girlfriend said thank god you had those rods in the back!

Probably the same rookie that was disciplined after my little go threw an amber light episode. He made a 6yr old cry and peed off his elders in the force on the same morningwhistling.gifrofl2.gif

Well, I got my girlfriend to her job safely, and after all, if that copper stopped me a minute later or earlier I could have been in a horrible crash. Im thanking him for giving me the lowest of my 3 possible fines. And I deserve it. I'm the one who messed up.

Thanks for all the responses y'all.

By the way, I am trying to become a cop, rather police officer.