CARP BIVVY

mike rousseau

im trying to find a nice resonably priced bivvy i can purchass from a local store....

i was wondering if anybody had experience with this subject and could point me in the right direction...

i live in cornwall ontario but ottawa and montreal are fine... and im still open for suggestions further than that...

thanx

mike

See with JEff at the Long Sault Motel... he should have one or be able to order one in for ya...

I second that since you're so close to Long Sault. New Work Carp and Carp Kit International are also reputable online stores in Ontario if Jeff doesn't have what you want.

I don't know how much you've found it for but you could look at getting one from the UK with the pound so weak at the moment, some gear is actually cheaper over there. they should take the 20% VAT off the price you see as well as all UK sites include tax in their prices.

Getting it from UK is doable but bivvys are quite bulky so you'd be expecting to pay a lot for shipping. The VAT you may save (not all UKstores will deduct the VAT) will be compensated when your stuff comes across the custom. I buy a lot of stuff directly from UK but mostly just for the small items such as pole floats, hooks, and other terminal tackles that can’t be found here.

If you check the prices of NWC, Carp Kit, and from Jeff, you'll find that the prices are almost the same as in UK with currency exchange, in some cases prices are actually cheaper here. Send a PM to Stephen in NWC and maybe he can let you know when he'll restock the items you're looking for or even special order for you, it has worked for me in the past.