Lake Nipissing Ice Report

Mike01

Just wanted to give anyone headed out on Nip this weekend a heads up...

With the warm weather we've had the last couple days there are many slushy areas along the south shore and in Callander Bay.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I'm hoping the warm weather drops the thick snow a bit and then freezes over nice and solid... we'll see.

Didn't have any luck on the yearly fishin trip I take with some buddies. We were at the south end of Nip on the first weekend of Feb staying in the bungalows put out by Anglers Haven. WE got 3 perch over the 4 days we were there. I was surprised because last year we did very well. I did notice that they had their setup closer to shore this time as to last year more centered on the lake. We did get to see a medevac chopper land out in front of our bungalow this time. There was a snowmobile accident and the fella was airlifted to North Bay hospital for hip surgery. That was the word around camp anyway!stretcher.gif . Hopefully next year we have better luck.

Didn't have any luck on the yearly fishin trip I take with some buddies. We were at the south end of Nip on the first weekend of Feb staying in the bungalows put out by Anglers Haven. WE got 3 perch over the 4 days we were there. I was surprised because last year we did very well. I did notice that they had their setup closer to shore this time as to last year more centered on the lake. Hopefully next year we have better luck.

I wouldn't waste my money there again. 3 perch in 4 days is just a stupid waste of money. On really bad days we can catch 3 perch in a morning or afternoon...but 3 in 4 days????? Were you using minnows? Keep me in the loop when you are up here next and I'll at least take you out one of the days to warrant the trip up here.