Casa Blanca Lodge or Lunge Lodge

bigcreekdad

I've been fishing the French off and on since 1966, when we went to Chaudiere Lodge. Then spent a bunch of years in the Kawarthas. In the mid 80's, I fished on the Pickeral River, and then came back to the French. I fished out of Casa Blanca for many years, but left after Brian and Liz split up. Since then, I've fished out of Lochaven Lodge in the lower French. I love Lochaven, and will continue to go there, but I miss the upper French and was thinking about a trip there again for old times sake. It looks like Lunge Lodge has fairly new owners, and it looks like they've spruced it up a bit. I was thinking I might go there, but wondered if Casa Blanca is still open, On the website, their rates are from 2008. Does anyone know if it is still in operation? Also, any feedback on Lunge Lodge?

Thanks

Steve Zacharyasz and Mike Pettry, I have known Mike Pettry since he was born, Steve fished with us in the same group. Mike has been going to the Lunge Lodge since he was a little kid, just guessing that he jumped on the chance to be a part of the ownership.

Both competed in the Ohio bass tournament scene, both are top quality anglers, and not just for bass. No idea on how they are at running a camp, but both were always good people. I don`t recall ever fishing in the same boat with Steve, but with Mike. Never heard of a problem with either.

Now looking at it, the young guy with the black ball cap in my avatar pic is Mike, like 1988-89.

Edited by OhioFisherman

Brian's the man! reminds me of Neil Young! LOL

We've been up annually for a few years but didnt go last year. Havent made an attempt to contact him. I know he has been trying to sell the lodge for years though...

Hes up there 12 months of the year, wonder where hes at?? :unsure:

I have talked with Mike from Lunge Lodge several times. It sounded to me like they have adjusted well to their new role and the lodge has not suffered. They are from the Cleveland Ohio area and seem dedicated to making Lunge a quality place. If memory holds correct, I believe they have a construction backround which is helpful. They seem to be shuttling a good number of people back and forth to their dock at Dokis. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them.

I was sorry to read about the Brian and Liz split, they are both good people.