Contents of One Cormorant's Stomach

Fishnwire

I suppose the full impact doesn't hit someone who hasn't seen what I've seen. Looking out at the lake, where once I would see the odd gull or small flock of gulls, I can now see thousands of cormorants in a feeding frenzy. They fly in and land in cloud after cloud, covering the surface of the water, constantly diving and bobbing up. The huge flock moves down the bay, with the ones at the front diving, and the ones at the rear flying up and leapfrogging to the front before diving again. The scene is one of frenetic activity as they work their way a couple of miles down the bay, never ceasing their progress for a moment.

They are diving in 15 to 20 feet of water. They can dive to 30+ feet and when they are churning up the bay in their thousands I guess they're catching the odd fish.

But it's OK. I don't have a scientific study to tell me that they're impacting the fish population, and the MNR doesn't seem to be in a hurry to provide one, so I think if I just sort of chill, everything will work out in the end.

But it's OK. I don't have a scientific study to tell me that they're impacting the fish population, and the MNR doesn't seem to be in a hurry to provide one, so I think if I just sort of chill, everything will work out in the end.

The MNR will put out a report in like 2020. The title will go something like this "Anecdotal Evidence Confirmed on Endangered Nipissing Walleye Population" :angry:

I'm Psychicwhistling.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

I had a different thought. blush.gif

The MNR will put out a report in like 2020. The title will go something like this "Anecdotal Evidence Confirmed on Endangered Nipissing Walleye Population" :angry:

or

"Nipissing Cormorants Healthy, MNR Tightens Fishing Regs Again" blink.gif

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

if it's so painful, why are you still clicking on it on page 8? you'd think you would have had your fill? :whistling:

i've enjoyed myself, but probably for all the wrong reasons.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Besides the two or three most vocal participants I don't think anyone has enjoyed this particular thread.

Painful.

Your opinion. Everybody's entitled to one.

EDIT - Just for fun ---

• 158 Replies

I'm gonna have my friend Elsa (The Leather Lady) email a list of the members here; seems that a lot of you are into pain. :D

Edited by Jocko

if it's so painful, why are you still clicking on it on page 8? you'd think you would have had your fill? :whistling:

i've enjoyed myself, but probably for all the wrong reasons.

I'm a bored masochist?

I also love watching the Jackass movies. Can't explain why though, it's a compulsion of mine.

Edited by solopaddler