2 Days Down, 7 To Go

Rich

I booked 9 days off from work just to hit the ice this week as much as humanly possible. The first 2 days have been slow, but not completely unproductive. Sleded and I headed out on a local reservoir in search of perch.. unfortunately we only caught 3 perch. One of them being probably the longest I've ever caught.. the pic doesn't do it justice, really. Not fat, not heavy, but long like a walleye. It smacked a Kastmaster in a 25ft weedbed. That was the only real highlight of the day, besides the good times which really can't possibly be portrayed properly through words. I don't know what it is, but I have a real true love of ice fishing. I love everything about it. What a perfect way to spend winter days with your buddies.

DSCF1726.jpg

DSCF1733.jpg

DSCF1741.jpg

DSCF1746.jpg

(This was taken in the garage after the day was over, lol)

Today was different. I fished a local pond that I've always wanted to try but never have before. I was not disappointed.. in addition to 8 billion tiny thumb sized perch I managed to get a decent pike.

DSCF1748.jpg

What a great start to vacation but there's plenty more ice trips and locations to come this week!