Truck/Trailer lights

tizfun

Hey all, It's been a while since I've been on here but here I am hoping someone can help me figure this out.

My Xterra has the 7 pin trailer connector and I'm hooking up my 4 pin trailer. I have everything in place, but I'm not getting any left brake or left turn signal.. Everything else works great. I've tried it with my dads truck who has just a 4 pin connector and all the lights work normally.. So I'm thinking it has to be my truck.. but where ?? This is a direct install from Nissan wiring and all.

So where can I look and start to test.. Any help would be very very appreciated.

Thanks,

Tiz

Edited by tizfun

Hey all, It's been a while since I've been on here but here I am hoping someone can help me figure this out.

My Xterra has the 7 pin trailer connector and I'm hooking up my 4 pin trailer. I have everything in place, but I'm not getting any left brake or left turn signal.. Everything else works great. I've tried it with my dads truck who has just a 4 pin connector and all the lights work normally.. So I'm thinking it has to be my truck.. but where ?? This is a direct install from Nissan wiring and all.

So where can I look and start to test.. Any help would be very very appreciated.

Thanks,

Tiz

Are you using a 7 pin to 4 pin adapter?

Here's a diagram of the 7 pin wiring.

Trouble shooting is as easy as testing the pins with a test light.

7pintrailer.jpg

7 pin to 4 pin adapter.

st_5020.jpg

Tiz, I don't think it's even worth the effort. I have 7 pins off the truck and 4 pins to the trailer. Had a problem last year, went to a trailer dude, he fixed it up, took him less that 10 minutes, charged me nothing. I asked what it was so I'd know for the next time and in my case, all it was was that my truck has a different wiring sequence to the trailer.